British car prices

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: British car prices
From: salil@igor.tamri.com (Salil Saxena)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 91 15:02:04 -0800
Bob sez:

It's my understanding that there's a $5K rebate program to the dealers to move
the Elans in this stalled market.  So currently expect to pay around $35K for
a new machine, and I've seen demos advertised for $29,900!

I saw:

This rebate only is for the 91's.  I recently talked with Lotus USA and found
out there are only a couple hand fulls of 91 Elans at Lotus USA.  So aside from
what delears already have, don't expect to see many more 91 Elans.

Translation:    If you are in the market to buy a 91 Elan, you probably should
                do so soon.

I was also told that to keep the 93 Elan down in cost, Lotus may not offer ABS.

Salil

Salil Saxena                            Internet: salil@igor.tamri.com
MRI Scientist                           Phone: (415) 872-2722 x2283