RE: Re- Wet Sanding

To: "british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu"@HERMES.intel.com
Subject: RE: Re- Wet Sanding
From: gendimen@t12sys.intel.com (Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 91 14:54:28 -0800
>Mike Gendimenico admonishes us to prevent sand scratches by wet-sanding our
>primer.  I used to do that.  I don't anymore.  Dry-sanding is a pain in the
>butt;  the sandpaper lasts about two swipes;  then you have to change it.  But

Thanks for the correction, I think I may have been thinking of the post paint
job sanding on lacquer.  Maybe all those fumes from the shop are eating at my
brain.  My point was that it takes a fair amount of practice to be able spray
paint well and there are a lot of tricks and traps.  I've just seen some nice
restorations botched 'cause the person did a great job on the mechanical work
and engine compartment, etc. and then decided to try their hand at painting it
too, but weren't equipped or experienced with body work.  If your going to spend
a few (or several) thousand $$ restoring a car mechanically, why skimp on the
paint when that's half the looks of the car?

Mike G.
gendimen@t12sys.intel.com