More on paint

To: sol
Subject: More on paint
From: mjb (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 91 11:37:03 -0700
Jerry sez:

::    The modern alternative to hard-to-fix enamel is "Catalyzed Acrylic
::  Enamel".  This is regular acrylic enamel with a "gloss catalyst" added.
::  The gloss catalyst has the following effects:
::
::       *  It makes the paint glossier.
::       *  It makes it cure in one or two days instead of a month
::       *  It makes the paint highly chemical resistant

And I add:

         * The catalyst contains toxic isocyanates.

The more common paints, like PPG's Deltron and DuPont's Centari should not
be sprayed without some decent breathing protection.  Not a wimpy little
dust mask, but something better.  Read the labels and warnings on the boxes.
Personally, I wish I had a forced air breathing system, a new HVLP paint
sprayer, ....

mjb.