LBC Photos

To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@BBN.COM
Subject: LBC Photos
From: "Teriann J. Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 91 10:35:20 -0800
Whenever I am at a car meet photographing cars, I always get a couple of
people coming up and asking if I took car pictures for $$ & how they could
get hold of me later for pictures.  I have decided to start doing this and
basing my prices on costs + some.  To tell people prices of photo packages
I will need to have some standard packages priced out.

I want to solicit your opinions as to what kind of package(s) you think
owners might want. Since there is probably little interest in the subject
in the group, it might be best to send replys directly to me & not to the
group at large.  Not like there isn't enough LBC mail traffic already!

Most photographers shoot a traditional picture ... a car at a 3/4 front
view with a slightly wide angle lense.  It probably the best way to get
a single nice overall view of a car, but I enjoy detail pictures that
show off special lines and features of a car as well.  I also like to
shoot from non-standard angles.  I'm the one you might see at a meet
laying down & shooting up at a Lotus.

Pictures that come to mind are:
11X14 mounted standard 3/4 whole car image for putting on the wall. Perhaps
framing with the car's commission # on a brass plate could be an option.

wallet size prints of the above picture.

A number of 8X10s in a nice alblem, many of which would be detail pictures.

A picture of a person driving their car along a senic backdrop

For light coloured cars, a night picture of the profile of the car with
star straks in the background.

A number of detail pictures mounted together in an attractive frame.

What do you think??  If you were in the market to have a series of "pro"
pictures taken of your car(s) what kinds of pictures would you want,
how many differnt pictures? & how much would you expect to pay for these.

One package might be a single 11X14 3/4 view picture, a couple of 8X10
frames with small detail pictures mounted, and a couple of wallet size
copies of the 3/4 view.

Your ideas would be muchly appriciated.

TeriAnn