Performance

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Performance
From: cat@buast9.bu.edu (James Howard)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 91 17:03:50 EST
   Date: Thu, 12 Dec 91 10:28:55 MST
   From: sbender@dsd.es.com (Steve Bender)

                   59 MGA Twin Cam         Miata
    Gas Mileage     ??                       30
    HP             108                      116
    Weight        2100                     2200
    Liters         1.6                      1.6
    Rear End       3.9?                     3.7?
    0 to 60        9ish secs                9ish seconds

When the Miata came out, I put it's road test report next to that of
the Twinkie's, and was shocked at how similar they were. They both have
DOHC 1.6 liter fours, they have similar weights,  their exterior
dimensions are almost exactly the same, they both have four wheel disc
brakes, and there performance is similar enough that I think the better
driver will be the winner in competitions between the two.

Of course, if you want a car whose value appreciates rather than depreciates,
then there is only one way to go.

James Howard
cat@fish.bu.edu

'Anyone know where I can find a Twin Cam engine for my 'A?'