Re: Performance

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Performance
From: sbender@dsd.es.com (Steve Bender)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 91 10:28:55 MST
>                75-80 MGB                Miata
> Gas Mileage     18                       30
> HP              65                      116
> Weight        2100?                    2200
> Liters         1.6?                     1.6
> Rear End       3.9?                     3.7?

In my opinion, I believe that peak HP specs are much like peak computer
hardware specs... they convey little information.  I have never driven
a Miata, but I HAVE permitted a Miata driver to drive my totally-stock
TR4A.  His response:  "Wow, this is a LOT more powerful than I expected!".

I'm not going to begin "Miata Bashing"... actually I like the cars since
I believe that they are responsible for sparking a lot of interest in our
beloved LBC's.  Maybe even someday soon I'll get a chance to drive a
Miata, and I doubt I'll be inclined to put a paper-bag over my head while
doing so.

-Steve-