Re: TR-5

Subject: Re: TR-5
From: rck@fangio.asd.sgi.com (Robert Keller)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 91 11:38:25 PST
sohl,william h writes:
> While not "officially" imported, there are several TR-5s
> as well as several PI TR-6s in the USA.
> Most, probably all, of the TR-5s and PI TR-6s were
> imported by individuals who somehow managed to
> circumvent the obvious illegal aspects of the cars
> relative to USA emmisions requirements.

This is true.  In my british car spotting career I've come across
two.  The first was back in Montreal and had French (from France)
markings and valid Quebec license plates.  That car seemed to be
in regular use as I saw it once or twice downtown.  I happened
across its home a few times on the south shore of the St. Lawrence
river near the old location of Mario Boies's british car parts
shop.  Mario's dad used to have a Rootes dealership in Montreal,
but I digress.

The other was at this past year's british car show in Palo Alto.
The owner of that car seemed quite deluged with questions from
the crowd around him.

...robert