Re: drivers schools and more performance

To: "british-cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: drivers schools and more performance
From: "DSTONE, 5-9521, BPR: 237-2322" <DSTONE@sc9.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1991 11:26 PST

          Jim Fuerstenberg writes about a friends mini;

  With an oselli manifold and a 1 3/4 SU, one of vizards cars (now owned
-by a friend of mine (and temporarily in my garage) produced 97 HP at the rear
wheels and does 0-60 in 7.1 sec, enough to take car of even modified
-pesky miatas. (that mini is a 1430).

         And what was the power output at the front wheels? ;-)

                                              greg meythaler

     This reminds me of heading home from Tahoe one year and
     at the chain installation point spying a clueless young
     man putting chains on the REAR of his Citation, while
     his girlfriend waited patiently inside the car. I,
     being the helpful person that I am, rolled down my
     window and mentioned that the Citation is a front drive
     car, and that's where the chains should go. At this
     point his girlfriend spoke up and suggested that he
     investigate this possibility before going any further.
     His response was expected, that of determination and
     assertion, that he should know about his own car, and
     both of us should mind our own business. So, smug in my
     vision of spinning front wheels and "toldja so's", I
     conceded, rolled up my window, and motored on.

               cheers-
                      dstone@sc9.intel.com