RE: Re: RE: BRAKE BOOSTER REPAIR

To: "cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com"@HERMES.intel.com
Subject: RE: Re: RE: BRAKE BOOSTER REPAIR
From: gendimen@t12sys.intel.com (Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 91 09:22:37 -0800

> I had my GT6 booster rebuilt about six years ago at a British garage in Santa
> Clara, CA.  I won't recommend them now since the place has since changed
>hands,
> but I know they had to get the kits from England which were over $100.  The

-Was this British Sports Car Sales, Service & Parts on El Camino?  If
-so, they are apparently no longer even in business.  I noticed that
-the sign is gone and the place seems to be locked up.

Yes, it was Brit sports car sales, etc. on El Camino.  They are still in
business but have moved to another location in Santa Clara.  It was formerly
owned by two or three Englishmen.  They had excellent service, were reasonably
priced and were honest.  They were also a good source for parts.  When I first
bought my GT6, I needed the smog test done.  They adjusted the carbs and
ignition and one of the mechanics brought it over to the smog station for me
and tweaked it some more so it would pass, all for $50 including the smog
certificate.  I was sad to see the place change hands. I think they got into
the wholesale parts business.  I used the place for parts once or twice after
that but they're not nearly as good as they used to be.

Mike Gendimenico
gendimen@t12sys.intel.com