Re: Skin protection (was Re: Safety Fast...)

To: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU
Subject: Re: Skin protection (was Re: Safety Fast...)
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 91 10:32:21 pst
> swiss cheese.  Does anyone have any information on polymer types vs.
> solvent penetration?  When I worked for Dow Chemical we had such lists for
> all of our gloves, but the information was proprietary.

Don't buy your rubber glove at the super market.  These are made of
latex and aren't suited for most any solvent you're likely to be using
in the garage.  Even most of the gloves sold in hardware stores are
made of latex.  Look for gloves that say chemically resistant.  They'll
cost more are be much heavier but won't dissolve in kerosene or even
even acetone.