Skin protection (was Re: Safety Fast...)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Skin protection (was Re: Safety Fast...)
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels/TAMU-LMSB Systems)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1991 11:11:10 CST
>Teriann writes -
>On the otherhand, anyone have suggestions on PRACTICAL ways to protect from
>the hazards of solvents on your skin while cleaning parts??

I don't know exactly what you mean by PRACTICAL, but am I to presume that
gloves are impractical?  Those of you who do use gloves, (myself included),
should be aware that various types of gloves are rated for protection
against certain solvents only.  I don't have a list on hand, but sometimes
the incompatibility is obvious - like when acetone turns your gloves into
swiss cheese.  Does anyone have any information on polymer types vs.
solvent penetration?  When I worked for Dow Chemical we had such lists for
all of our gloves, but the information was proprietary.

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  (409) 845-3726