To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE>re- TR3s
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 5 Dec 91 07:10:23
        Reply to:   RE>re: TR3s

Wayne asks:
>The TR3 for sale here got me to thinking about them.  TR3s have
>always been on my list of "would like to have one someday" cars,
>at least ever since I got a ride home from school in a beat-up
>one one day in about 1974.  So what do you think of them?  Those
>who own one, do you wish you had something else instead?  I noticed
>that Bill Sohl commutes in one.  What are current prices like?
>Is the factory hardtop worth much?

Bill Sohl answers:

Actually, Bill (me) drives a TR-250 each day.

Current TR-3 prices range from $3000 to $10,000 or more.
Below $3000 and you probably don't have a streetworthy
vehicle.  Obviously, the high end ($10,000) is the concours perfect car(s).

Hardtops are not (IMHO) worthmuch.  They are not
common, but who really wants one on a TR-3 anyway?

**** Those people who have a TR3 as their daily commute ( admittedly a dying
breed ).  That hardtop is nice to have when the wet stuff starts.  It's use
during the "unpleasant season" also prolongs the life of the soft top. An
advantage of the hardtop is that it adds a bit of rigidity to the car.  A
disadvantage is that it makes the car seem louder to the driver.  All the sound
just sort of bounces around in there....

    - Jerry