re: TR3s

To: angevine@badger.Colorado.EDU
Subject: re: TR3s
From: whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 4 Dec 1991 23:10 EST
Wayne asks:
>The TR3 for sale here got me to thinking about them.  TR3s have
>always been on my list of "would like to have one someday" cars,
>at least ever since I got a ride home from school in a beat-up
>one one day in about 1974.  So what do you think of them?  Those
>who own one, do you wish you had something else instead?  I noticed
>that Bill Sohl commutes in one.  What are current prices like?
>Is the factory hardtop worth much?

Actually, Bill (me) drives a TR-250 each day.

Current TR-3 prices range from $3000 to $10,000 or more.
Below $3000 and you probably don't have a streetworthy
vehicle.  Obviously, the high end ($10,000) is the concours perfect car(s).

Hardtops are not (IMHO) worthmuch.  They are not
common, but who really wants one on a TR-3 anyway?
Standard Disclaimer- Any opinions, etc. are mine and NOT my employer's.
Bill Sohl   (K2UNK)            ||  email
Bellcore, Morristown, NJ       ||   UUCP    bcr!taichi!whs70
(Bell Communications Research) ||    or
201-829-2879 Weekdays          || Internet  whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com