Spit Clutch Master Cylinder

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Spit Clutch Master Cylinder
From: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu (Timothy J. Drabik)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 91 09:53:59 EST
Well, I'm more than grateful for all the replies concerning
my leaky master cylinder question.  It's clearly an issue
near to many.  I have thought about the fact that the clutch
is depressed more OFTEN than the brake, but I believed
that the longer DURATION of brake actuation (sometimes for
minutes, waiting at lights, and so forth) would have a compensating
effect.  I guess what can be concluded is that it's the wiping
action of actuation more than applying static pressure that
causes wear.

I think I will get a re-sleeving job done.  I'm really tempted
to try installing a stainless sleeve myself (using a
machine shop facility).  What are the tolerances on the bore diameter
and requirements on surface finish for the cylinder bore?

I noticed that White Post will do a bronze sleeve.  How long do
those last?

                Full of questions,

                Tim Drabik