Re: Buy British, not German

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Buy British, not German
From: akkana@moonwind.aux.apple.com (Akkana)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 1991 08:58:56 PST
banta@eng.sun.com writes:
> Lucas, Prince of Darkness?  Feh.
> Bosch, Patron Saint of Tow Truck Drivers.

While I've also heard lots of Rabbit/Scirocco Bosch horror stories, my
own experience with Bosch has been very positive.  But, of course,
that's in contrast with Marelli.  I think while Bosch parts on a
German car assume they can relax and slack off, Bosch parts on an
Italian car realize their position of importance, perk up and
work hard to make up for the Marelli parts on the rest of the car.
I would think that might hold for British cars, too.

Prince of Darkness?  Hah -- you wouldn't know darkness if it out-braked
you into 11.  Marelli -- GOD of Darkness!

--
        ...Akkana               (akkana@apple.com)