Buy British, not German

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Buy British, not German
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 14 Feb 91 16:12:49
GatorMail-Q                   Buy British, not German
   Well, it happened again.  I drove out to get my honey a Valentine day card,
and my @#$%! VW Bus left me in the lurch!  Broken clutch cable.  I walked to
the nearest VW dealership and bought a clutch cable, then walked to an auto
parts store and bought some cheap tools, then walked ( this walking was
really#202#getting old ) back to the bus and fixed it.

   You know, I think this bus KNOWS that I like british cars better.  I think
it even knows I'm a jew!  A week after I bought it, it sucked a valve.  BOOM!
And on
and on ever since.  While my british cars just run and run.  I went for a trip
for three weeks once. When I came home, guess which cars started?  Guess which
car was dead as a coffin nail?  How did German cars get their reputation for
quality and reliability anyway?  It sure wasn't from my car!

        - Jerry Kaidor