RE>Re- Frozen 1/4" brake ad

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: RE>Re- Frozen 1/4" brake ad
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 14 Feb 91 16:04:54
        Reply to:   RE>Re: Frozen 1/4" brake adjus

From: kent@parc.xerox.com
Moss also sells a brake adjusting wrench. According to the catalog, it
has 1/4 and 5/16 square ends, and is hefty, designed to provide lots of torque.

That's a lie. I bought one, thinking it would be a cute addition to my
tool roll (Craftsman makes very nice 1/4" square 3/8 drive sockets,
btw). Well, said wrench has a 5/16 open end, and a 1/4 hex closed end.
Completely useless as a brake adjuster, but a wonderful paperweight and
frob for the office (though people look at me a little strangely when I
play with it in meetings).

    What's a "frob"?  Is it anything like the MGA timing cover that hangs on my
cubicle wall?

    - Jerry Kaidor