Re: Maita bashing & BRG

To: yale!encore.com!amc-gw!british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Maita bashing & BRG
From: yale!harvard!uunet.UU.NET!morpho!alan@encore.encore.com (Alan Dahl)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 17:55:32 PST
Come on guys, cut out all the Miata bashing.  You just wish that
MG had built the car 10 years ago.  If you've ever driven a Miata
you'd realize that it captures the spirit of the days of old and
starts every morning too :-).  And for those of you who think the
car is too perfect and never needs to be worked on, just try changing
the oil filter sometime.  Don't get me wrong, I liked my MG, but
sometimes it could be a pain in the a**.  I do also plan on getting another
MG or Sprite, but this time I won't have to rely on it to get me to
work and back.

People seem to think it is a yuppymobile because they were the ones
who first bought it, but enthusiasts are the reason the car is still
selling well today.  So many of the people in the local club own or
have owned British sportscars (MGB's, MGA's, Spitfires, etc).

BTW: the car looks much better in blue! :-)

As far as non-british BRG cars go I used to own a '68 BRG Fiat 850 Spyder.
It sure looked better in BRG then the electric-neon-dayglo-green some
later ones came in.

-Alan Dahl, blue Miata owner and britcar owner