Re: Unpainted inner fenders

To: angevine@badger.colorado.edu, british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Unpainted inner fenders
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 18:04:38 -0800
You didn't mention the kind of car you had, but I thought this a good
opertunity to provide a warning to other TR3 owners. Your front wings are
not completely painted!
The TR3 was assembled than painted.  There is about a 1 inch overlap where the
wings fix to the inner wells.  There is no paint {just rust} on the
adjacent sides of the overlapping parts.  The splash shield was put on
before the car was painted.  There is no paint on the inside of the front
wings behind the splash shields nor on the wing facing sides of the
kick pannels.  There is a rust inhibiter that was sprayed on.  My gess is
Waxol.  However, 30+ years is a loooong time for this to keep protecting
flexing bare metal.

I suggest removing the wings, sanding off the rust & repainting the wings.
Get new seals for the splash panel while you are at it.

TeriAnn
BRG MGBGT, Forrest green Land Rover, Apple Green TR3 BUT NO GREEN MIATAS