Re: BRG

To: s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU (John Taylor [The Banshee]) (John Taylor [The Banshee])
Subject: Re: BRG
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdln.spd.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 17:41:43 PST

| >> The BRG I've seen is extremely dark - is this correct?
| >

| >BRG is so dark, its almost black at first sight from a distance.  Some of
| >the nicest examples of BRG I've ever seen are on the Vicarage reconditioned

| Yes, I thought the almost black BRG was the "correct" one.  My uncles MGB was

Yeah, I used to think there was a "correct" shade too. However several years
ago one of the magazines ran an artical on the subject which did a very
convincing job of debunking my sacred cow. They sighted lots of examples
of famous brit race cars spanning the last 80 or so years. Each one having
great racing historys. What passed for BRG spanned a moderate range, more or
less centered around forest green. None of the greens tended tward the
blue-green side but some were almost as light as middle, some so dark they
were almost black. Like you folks I like the dark ones,but ....

If I can find the artical I'll send in the name and date, but it's been
quite some time.

dickn