Re: BRG

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: BRG
From: garnett@theory.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 1991 14:15:26 EST
On Feb 13, 10:22am, Garry Archer wrote:
} Subject: Re: BRG Miata
} > The BRG I've seen is extremely dark - is this correct?
}
} Yes, John.  What most folks perceive as BRG is a misconception.  All the
} folks on this list who think they have a BRG MG/Triumph, etc, are most
} likely wrong.  All, if not most of the "BRG" MGB's I've ever seen are
} actually some kind of forest green.

Well, the real answer is that there is more than one shade of BRG-
The British manufacturers themselves, (who ought to have the right)
tagged the colours as BRG. The more "modern" BRG's are usually fairly
close the "forest green". And there are other similar colours which are
not called BRG. (and Aston Martin has their own factory colour)

The early Alfas were a much darker red than the current image of
"Italian Red", as well.

You want colour problems? Try matching white sometime!
      Roger Garnett           (garnett@BATCOMPUTER.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
        The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."