Re: BRG

To: british-cars%encore.com@munnari.OZ.AU
Subject: Re: BRG
From: s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU (John Taylor [The Banshee])
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 91 09:05:36 +1100
>> The BRG I've seen is extremely dark - is this correct?
>
>Yes, John.  What most folks perceive as BRG is a misconception.  All the
>folks on this list who think they have a BRG MG/Triumph, etc, are most
>likely wrong.  All, if not most of the "BRG" MGB's I've ever seen are
>actually some kind of forest green.  However, I'm still guilty of refering
>to them as BRG in colour.  As I am in refering to the Mazda Miata as being
>BRG... its actually some kind of dark or forest green, but not true BRG.
>Its still a pretty colour though...
>
>BRG is so dark, its almost black at first sight from a distance.  Some of
>the nicest examples of BRG I've ever seen are on the Vicarage reconditioned
>Jaguars from England (the E-Type and the 3.8L Mark II).  One should also
>visit places like the Donnington Collection at Donnington Park (Castle
>Donnington) in England (I was brought up very close to there).  They have
>restored many of the old Grand Prix racing cars (its the largest collection
>of open monocoque cars in the world) to their original condition and you
>will see some of them in their original BRG livery.
>
>To see a car, ANY car, in BRG (or pseudo BRG) pulls at the heartstrings
>(especially, if like me, you're a true Brit).

Yes, I thought the almost black BRG was the "correct" one.  My uncles MGB was
BRG when he got it (original color was white and is now red).  I saw a very
nice pair (almost twins) of BRG Mini Coopers (probably S's) at the "Picnic at
Hanging Rock" (Victoria, Aust.) on the weekend, about the only Minis of the
1000+ cars there - it suits them very well.

BFN

|   John Taylor  [The Banshee]         Victoria University of Technology     |
|  s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au    (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) |
|   MOKING IS A HEALTH HAZARD.          Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA       |