Oil pressure and keep the list

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Oil pressure and keep the list
From: jshoe@mlb.semi.harris.com (Jeff M. Shoemaker)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 17:16:14 EST
        First, I agree, that the list should go unchanged.
It is less formal and is populated by genuine B-C fanatics.

        Second, a question ...
        Recently I have noticed that the oil pressure in my 75 TR6
is very slow to return to 20psi + after the engine is hot and i have
turned the engine off then restarted it.   Pressure is very low, approx
0 - 10 psi until i rev the engine ...  then it seems to stay up (20-50 PSI
depending on the RPM).    Any ideas ???
Maybe a new oil pump ?  Is there a pressure by-pass (and fatigued spring ?)

                jeff shoemaker   jshoe@mlb.semi.harris.com