Re: Re: Mini newsgroup

To: british-cars%encore.com@munnari.OZ.AU
Subject: Re: Re: Mini newsgroup
From: s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU (John Taylor [The Banshee])
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 91 09:11:08 +1100
>Shane wrote:
>

>>I lobbed the idea of a newsgroup for minis into rec.autos a few weeks ago and
>>received quite a good response.  Not quite the 100 or so necessary to get it
>>off the ground, but good nevertheless.  Now, I would like your (yes you lot!)
>>comments on the idea, and whether you would go for one specifically for
>>British cars?
>>
>>What say you, yay or nay?

>If the question is:
>
>  Should we shut down the british-cars mailing list and
>  start up a british-cars news group,
>
>the answer is a definite Nay.
>
>On the other hand, if you are asking our opinion of whether you should
>start an independent newsgroup, I certainly have no objections to that.

Actually this is what I was saying too.  It seems to me that many people have
misread the original note - it was for creating a NEW newsgroup for Minis (etc)
not for swapping BC to news.  I would actually prefer the new Mini group to go
via mail if possible - the delays are too long for news and mail is easier to
handle.

|   John Taylor  [The Banshee]         Victoria University of Technology     |
|  s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au    (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) |
|   MOKING IS A HEALTH HAZARD.          Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA       |