RE: More MGB Questions

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: RE: More MGB Questions
From: "Greg Tobin NEA SPS @ DEC" <tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 91 09:45:35 PST
  Hi Bob-

   About the Weber carb:  There should be a mixture adjustment screw for the
idle
 circuit, which providing the rest of the carb is set up for your car very
nicely,
 can get it just right.   But if you really want to set up the carb for multiple
 uses (economy/blasting around the town on Saturdays...) you might want to get
 one of those Jet kits (Victoria I know them, not sure about TRF...)

     Goingly slowly on the upsizing/downsizing of all the different jets
 you can really notice how much of a difference one size will make.  Increasing
 the air corecctions two sizes, and decreasing the mains a size bumped me up
 about 10 mpg on my Spitfire.   It takes some patience- but the jets are
defineatly
 worth the time and expense.

 Greg Tobin
 tobin@neadev.enet.dec.com