RE>Faults in mailing list

To: british-cars@encore.com
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 5 Feb 91 10:37:41
        Reply to:   RE>Faults in mailing list
Hi,

  My guess is that the british-cars mailing list needs cleaning up
  to remove outdated destination address still on it. Every message
  I send the list (on average) gets 6 bouncved messages back to say
  basically it cant get through to that address so whoever out there
lokks after it perhaps something can be done.

              John Upham, (Chemical Physics Ph.D)

      - There's more to it than that.  If I send a post to a list, then the
list
tries to send my post to a bunch of people.  If the list can't get the
post to
some of the people,  what do _I_ care?  Why should this information get
bounced to _me_?  I'm not the list owner, there's nothing I can do about it.
Other lists don't seem to work this way.  I think that another symptom of this,
is that messages "from the list" appear in my mail as "from the original
sender".  Again, other lists don't seem to work this way.

     - Jerry Kaidor