Triumph drive-shafts

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Triumph drive-shafts
From: John E Upham <johnu@syma.sussex.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 91 15:18:34 WET
 Dear All,

 I would like to get a set of spare drive-shafts for my TVR for when the
present set get worn out. These are the Triumph sliding, splined units from
(I think) Triumph 2000. Are there any Triumph experts out there who can
tell me if there are any alternatives and also if there a difference
between drive-shafts from a Mk.1 and mk. 2 2000. I've not looked under
one myself and they are pretty rare even over here in the UK.

Thanks for any help.  When I get some I plan to fit grease nipples
to lubricate the spline bits..

I have a feeling some other cars have the same shafts but which ???

              John Upham, (Chemical Physics Ph.D)

              University of Sussex, Brighton, UK.

              Email: kapn1%cluster.susx.ac.uk@uk.ac (BITnet)
                     kapn1@uk.ac.susx.cluster       (Janet)
                     johnu%syma.susx.ac.uk@uk.ac    (BITnet)
                     johnu@uk.ac.susx.syma          (Janet)
              Tel:   +44 273 680500 (eve)
              Tel:   +44 273 678332 (day)
              Fax:   +44 273 671966

  "I've counted them all out and I've counted them all back"
   Murray Walker (?) commentating on the restart at F1 WC, Spa, 1990