VSCCA and Britcars

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: VSCCA and Britcars
From: "You Know Who" <GGN100@PSUVM.PSU.EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 91 12:41 EST
  Bill Sohl sez:......................

>Roger Garnetts recent posting touches on the use vs
>museum piece attitude that seems to prevail in the
>US collector/hobby scene.  I agree with Roger and the
>gentleman referenced (Don ?) that our cars are
>meant to be driven.  If I couldn't use mine
>competitively, I wouldn't want it (them).  The point
>of this note is, however, my continued displeasure
>with the VSCCA (Vintage Sports Car Club of America)
>which maintains a very exclusive list of eligible
>cars for participation in VSCCA events.

>At this time, there isn't a single Triumph (not even
>the per-war cars) that are on the VSCCA's official
>list.  If your vehicle isn't on the list, it doesn't
>compete.

     I don't know about the "Official" list, but both a TR-4 and the
TRS LeMans cars ran at Pittsburgh a couple of times. The TR-4 may or
may not have been entered under Canadian rules, but I guarantee that
Armagh, PA is NOT north of the border. I do think that it is strange that
Mogs with TR engines run when TR don't. The same thing happens to the
"modern" MGs and AH Sprite. There are plenty of BMC FJr and Turners out
there, but no Spridgets.

>I realise this isn't totally in tune with the british-cars list theme,
>but it's one of my pet peeves since the VSCCA predominates much
>of the available Vintage Racing track events here in the
>northeast.

                    NVRA anyone??? :) :)
          __----__              Jaguar   | Gregory Nagy         |    "Eat     |
      ___/       ==__===__ {]]  24hrs of | Penn State University|     my      |
    //--\----------  61 |       Datyona  | Mckeesport Campus    |   Shorts!"  |
 <-- \__/------------__--|   '91 Champs! | GGN100@psuvm.bitnet  |-Bart Simpson|

                    One can Hope, can't he?????