re: Spitfire camber compensators

To: "George Burgesser @ APD x3676" <mit-eddie!RELAY.CS.NET!apd.MENTOR.COM!georgeb%tessi.uucp@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Subject: re: Spitfire camber compensators
From: Dick Nyquist <mit-eddie!RELAY.CS.NET!dickn%hpspdln.spd.hp.com@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 90 9:39:07 PDT
|    Two things to consider:
|
|      1) Does the insurance company that covers the event (if there is one)
|         have anything to say on the subject?  Chances are they will require
|         camber compensators.
|      2) At any autox you will have a few novices who do not know the limits
|         of their cars.  These are the people who really need the compensators.
|         I have seen a swing axle Spit tuck its axel underneath and lose it,
|         all it takes is one car rolling over and everyone starts asking why
|         the compensators weren't required.  Save yourself a lot of headaches,
|         make camber compensators manditory.  If they are only recommended
|         the people who need them will be the very people who figure that they
|         don't.
|
|     George Burgesser
|     georgeb@mntgfx.mentor.com

 the same arguments might be uses to support six point safty harnesses and
 racing fuel tanks in stock classes. Clearly they are well ment, but they
 are over kill. They also would kill the sport. The old Spits have been
 autocrossed and driven 100s of thousands of miles over the last 25 or so
 years, without these requirements. It seems kind of late now to impose them.
 regard to all, Dick nyquist