Spitfire camber compensators

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Spitfire camber compensators
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ssi!coventry!rmb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III)
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 90 16:01:16 CDT
        In writing the VTR autocross rules, the question of camber compensators
has come up. Firstly, owning a car with a real suspension ;=} it does not effect
me and I've no experience with such critters. Personally, I'm in favour of
making them mandatory for all swing axle cars. Period. But on the other hand,
this drives up the cost, and it is not something alot of early spits have
been retrofitted with as far as I can tell. And it may keep folks from trying
out something they might enjoy. But if they roll their pride and joy they really
won't like it....So the current wording is 'camber compensators are strongly
reccomended'.

        So my question to Spit owners is: Would you approve of or be opposed
to a rule requiring camber compensators to run the VTR autocross?

        Please lemme know via e-mail and I'll try to come up with a decent
solution.

        Thanks,
                bob