Re: California dreaming...

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: California dreaming...
From: akkana@eeg.eeg.com (Akkana)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 1990 15:16:03 PDT
Dale C. Cook writes:
> I disagree about AAA.  They're pretty professional and get
> paid no matter what marque needs attention.  Especially in
> California where most mechanics over 40 grew up on MGs and
> TRs.

True -- but a word of caution regarding AAA on highway 1: don't
count on them.  My mother drove (her Chevy Citation) highway 1 to visit
me in Santa Cruz once; the Citation trashed its transmission somewhere
around Big Sur, so she hitched a ride to Esalen to call AA.  It was
nearly 12 hours (!) before they finally got her car towed so that I
could pick her up and take her home!  She was extremely pissed, and
wrote a letter to AAA about it -- they apologized but said that they
didn't have many affiliates in that area and couldn't guarantee a
prompt response.

At least she had my pet rat in the car to keep her company (meanwhile
she made forays to a phone every hour or so to keep me posted and let
me know whether it was time to come pick her up or not ...)

--
        ...Akkana