Re: California dreaming...

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: California dreaming...
From: Roland Dudley <mit-eddie!dtc.hp.com!cobra@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 90 14:23:05 pdt
From: Dale C. Cook

>Anyway, one more thing I thought of.  On my last ramble up
>the Left Coast, Terry and I stopped for a night at a place
>called (I think) Moro Beach.  You'll know it's right if
>there's a big honking rock in the bay.  You can stay right
>on the beach cheap at one of the off-season motels and I

Moro Bay's a good stopping place but I don't think August could be
considered off season.

>I disagree about AAA.  They're pretty professional and get
>paid no matter what marque needs attention.  Especially in
>California where most mechanics over 40 grew up on MGs and
>TRs.

As far as I know, AAA doesn't own any tow vehicles or have mechanics
working directly for them so the service of AAA approved people is
likely to vary considerably.  I don't think they publish a rating system
similar to their hotel and restaurant guide though I believe I've seen
comments from card holders in their magazine from time to time.

Roland