Re: Gatherings (Specificly)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Gatherings (Specificly)
From: mit-eddie!tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 90 09:26:47 EDT
The Westminster MG museum, owned by Jerry (Gerry?) who runs Abingdon Spares
(800-225-0251 Walpole, NH, T-series parts) is in
Westminster, Vt,
off Interstate 91, exit 5, on route 5.
(603) 756-4121, and (802) 722-3708 (summers)
"27 different MG's on display, with more under restoration"
[They cover a good range of models and years]
Daily july & August, 10 AM - 5 PM (Closed Mon.)
Weekends only June & Sept, through Labor Day
Open Columbus Day Weekend.

Ah- that looks like the ticket- maybe there's a gathering on Columbus day or
so? That would work out good, as C.D.(observed) is listed on Oct. 8 this
year, and we're looking at doing a Rally in the Albany area on Oct. 6.
(in the '74 B-GT) [Still on Rich? I didn't see it listed in the Rope &
Jack, or you "dates" posting]

September 7-9, 1990:
        Serrengetti Vintage Race Weekend- Watkins Glen, NY
        This years feature- Can Am reunion
        Also- the Collier Cup, MG Car Club of WNY, Datsun Roadster Gathering,
        Park your British (or other interesting) car in the "show" in the
        paddock (~$5) and do a parade lap of the Glen.

        I'm still open for folks interested in a place to gather/stay
        evenings, at the SLCFWSC's- We're about 45 min. from the Glen.

And, for your long range planning:
Labor Day weekend, 1991:
        Lime Rock Fall Vintage Festival
        Which will include, in conjunction with the NE MG"T"Reg, a gathering
        of MMM MG's (Pre war, overhead cam) from England and the US. The
        English MG's will be over for a tour. I'm trying to figure out
        how much mechanical rebuild I can get done on my PA by
        then so I can take it up. (To he** with the cosmetics! {mostly})
   ________
  /     _  \        Roger Garnett           (garnett@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
 /   /||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | The All New:
| |\/ ||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | South Lansing Centre For
| |   ||   | |      Cornell University       | Wayward Sports Cars
 \    ||__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | SAFETY FAST!