Mixed bag

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Mixed bag
From: Dale C. Cook <mit-eddie!pinocchio.encore.com!cook@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 90 10:34:23 EDT
1) For Bob about hitches: our MGB came with one -- allegedly the
first ever fitted to a MG (but I doubt that!).  It extends from
UNDER the bumper and involves no holes or bolts visible from the
top.  I'll take a look tonight and see where it attaches.  BTW
the B seemed to be plenty powerful to pull our 16' sailboat on
its trailer - quite a sight, that!  And it really makes backing
easy at the boat ramp.

2) I *still* don't like "scions" in place of sons!  Sorry but it
is a disused word on this side of the pond and has all sorts of
stuffiness conotations.  BTW, my dictionary gives for first
meaning: "Bud or branch cut for grafting or planting."  Can't
our lady members be "sons" in the same way they'd be "chaps"
in the UK?

3) If we use the Union Flag or Jack in our logo, and we should,
be careful to find an official flag to copy.  They are NOT
symmetric and there is an up and down.  I refer you to the
extended discussion in soc.culture.british.

4) It's looking like a need for all forms: windscreen badge,
patch and T-shirt.  I'd still like to advocate a flag.  You
can attach it to the antenna, carry it on you or put it on
a table to identify yourself/car/location etc.

        - Dale

ps Jim, I hear you've become Terry's official MG mechanic and
test driver!  Congratulations.  When will you have it tuned
so I can drive it?