patches

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: patches
From: muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 12:39:41 EDT
Badges?  We don't need no steenkin' badges!

I like the idea of some ID device for SOL.  I think I'd prefer a patch of
some sort rather than a sticker.  However...neither is totally versatile
for all situations.  what if I'm not driving the car with the sticker?  What
if it's too hot to wear whatever jacket I put the patch on?  Etc.  A patch
is likely to be more expensive, but prettier.  For a sticker, the cheaper-
through-less-color is easily done by using one color on some lighter color
background, such as blue on red.  I like the idea of The Rod & Spanner.
The only problem I have with any of the proposals so far is putting Alliant's
name on anything.  I submit that is *not* a good idea, and Alliant may not
like the idea even if we do like it.  Just SOL is enough to identify ourselves
to each other...it's like a semi-exclusive society - those in the know, know,
and those that don't, don't know what they don't know, if you know what I mean.

Jim