Re: TR-7 FI Parts

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: TR-7 FI Parts
From: mit-eddie!adobe.com!jeynes@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Ross A. Jeynes)
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 90 15:44:16 PDT
Bill writes:
> the 4 air hose connectors between the log manifold that has the
> cold start injector mounted to it and the actual manifold that
> bolts up to the cyclinder head to be cracked.  All 4 of these
> rubber hoses had bad cracks which leaked air profusely.  I checked
> with the Roadster Factory and found that the part is NLS (No longer
> supplied).  Do you have a ready source of fuel injection parts
> in California?  If so, please let me know who that is.

A couple of mine have cracks as well, and I also used the electrical
tape fix :-)   I've decided to stay with the electrical tape for a
little while; it turns out that each hose costs between $25 and $35,
depending on where you go.  This seems outrageous to me for a 2 inch
piece of rubber.  Even for a British car.

Here are the places that said they had them or could order them (there
is an aftermarket manufacturer [didn't get the name, but I think they
are in New York], so you can still order new parts):

British Motorsports             (new & used parts)
1143 Dell Ave, Campbell, CA
(408) 370-7174

East 14th St. Auto Wreckers            (used parts)
16552 East 14th St.,  San Leandro, CA
(415) 278-6300

Triumph Specialty                    (new & used)
991 Berryessa Rd., San Jose, CA
(408) 453-4011

Hope this helps!

-ross     jeynes@adobe.com