Re: TR-7 FI Parts

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: TR-7 FI Parts
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 90 10:40:19 PDT
        Triumph Specialty                    (new & used)
        991 Berryessa Rd., San Jose, CA
        (408) 453-4011

Danger! Danger! mjb put it best when he first sent me his list of
Triumph parts suppliers:

---
Not recommended, assuming a disgruntled customer hasn't torched the place yet.
Was on the BBB's "Watch Out" list when I was in town, but might be worth it
if no one else has something.  New, used and some performance parts.
---

These are the guys who tried to convince me that a part I needed for my
timing cover didn't exist, and then charged me $14 for the timing cover
gasket (when TRF sells them for $4). I would never deal with them again.

Ross, have you tried Triumphs Only for this part? I have only recently
started dealing with them, but they haven't come up empty on a part
yet. They may not deal in TR7s, though.

chris