Spitfire CAM

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Spitfire CAM
From: mit-eddie!EBay.Sun.COM!mutchler@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Dan Mutchler)
Date: Tue, 22 May 90 10:18:51 PDT
The Spitfire project is fully under way. The engine goes to the
machine shop this afternoon so they can do their magic. TRF is
about to get an order for a pile of suspension and trim parts
to restore the rubber and cardboard back to their original
1975 glory. But now I have a question.

I am considering replacing the CAM with a performance CAM that
is supposed to provide improved power from 2,000 to 6,200 RPM.
I also live in California in a county that is very strict on
emission equipment so changing the carburator is out of the
question. Can the stock CD150 deal with a more radical CAM or
am I just wasting money? What other factors should I consider
before moving to a different CAM? Is there much point in doing
this if I have to keep the EGR and air pump connected?

Thanks for your help.

Dan Mutchler                       | ARPA/Internet:  mutchler@EBay.Sun.COM
Sun Federal System Engineer        | UUCP:           ...!sun!mutchler
Did I do anything wrong today, or has the world always been like this
and I've been too wrapped up in myself to notice? - Arthur Dent