Re: Safety Alert!

To: mit-eddie!Alliant.COM!british-cars@GARP.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Safety Alert!
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ssi!coventry!rmb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III)
Date: Thu, 17 May 90 10:35:33 CDT
->BTW, I assume you need more than one threaded rod for the threaded rod trick.
->I would assume two - one for each side, center bolt-hole.
->

        No, one is sufficient. You build something like this:

                        [-]     Nut
                --------------------  Plate
                         =
                         =
                         =      Threaded rod
                         =
                         =
                        [-]     Bottom nut.

        Then you run the rod through the center of the spring (where the shock
was) and put the plates in between a couple of coils towards the top & bottom
of the spring. Compress it, put it in, bolt the suspension assy. back together,
and undo the nuts on the threaded rod, releasing the pressure in the spring
slowly.

        Clear as gravy right?

        iii