Toasted Roadster :-(

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Toasted Roadster :-(
From: uunet!cadnetix.COM!waynea@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Wayne Angevine)
Date: Mon, 14 May 90 16:27:15 MDT
The roadster is dead again.

A week ago Saturday I drove it quite a bit.  All of a sudden it stopped
idling.  When I got home, I pulled the plugs and #4 was oily.  I took
it into the shop that rebuilt it.  They took it apart, and called me
just now.  I about fell out of my chair.  Apparently the wrist pin
clip fell out, got caught in the rings, and somehow cracked the block.
The engine is toast.

The mechanic is quite cheerful - they clearly screwed up, so their
insurance covers it.  Neither he nor I should be out a penny.  He
needs to find another block - good luck - and start over.  I just hope
that I will be able to drive the car again before winter.

I'm starting to get the feeling that someone is trying to tell me
something...

Wayne