Re: Aran's Adventures in DMVland

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Aran's Adventures in DMVland
From: mit-eddie!aberffraw.sw.stratus.com!caloccia@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 14 May 90 18:05:21 -0400
>   BTW for you Baystaters, the People's Republic of Massachucetts wants to
>   "clamp down on polluters" and is looking at the smog laws from the Left
>   Coast as a "model".

        Actually, it looks like the states in New England and NY are trying
        to get together on Pollution stuff, and (according to recent AutoWeeks')
        will (as a group) join the folks on the left coast when it comes
        to requirements for new cars, (ie, in 1992(?) we'll be talking
        'bout cars for (CA, New England, NY) vs. the other 42 states...)

        As for requirements of older cars, who knows.  If they can't tax it,
        they probably aren't seriously thinking about it...