Z/S carbs

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Z/S carbs
From: mit-eddie!refsun.EPM.ORNL.GOV!flanery@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 14 May 90 09:40:53 -0400
I finally got the car back together (rebuilt carb, etc.) Runs nice but
the carb still needs to be adjusted. I found out that the carb I have
is not the Z/S 175CD5T supposed to be on the car, rather a Z/S 175CD2.

Haynes does not mention this carb, Chilton's does but not well
(surprise?). Does anyone know the differences between the two (aside
from the fuel line going into the opposite side)? There is an import
parts store in town whose owner seems to know quite a bit about these
cars, I am considering getting his help in tuning it properly. I don't
want to unless I have to, his proces are rather high.

It feels good to be going top down again!
Raymond E. Flanery Jr., Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Mathematical Sciences Section, EP&M Division
P.O. Box 2009, Bldg. 9207A, Oak Ridge, TN  37831-8083
(615)574-0630  FAX: (615)574-0680
Internet: flanery@msr.epm.ornl.gov