tranny additives

To: british-cars%alliant.alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: tranny additives
From: mit-eddie!RELAY.CS.NET!WALZER%enp.prime.com@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 14 May 90 09:27:39 EDT
One of the tech experts in the Healey Club suggested using Mr. Moly
as an additive. He said it makes a big difference in shifting, wear &
tear.

The main point I wanted to make here is that some Brit cars have
overdrives with a sort-of clutch type of affair. Don't know
how to describe it except it is made of material like a clutch disk.
(Hard to believe they grab while soaked in oil) One tranny additive
I've seen said it contains copper to coat gears,etc.  I'd be very
careful about additives which may affect overdrives with clutch-type
mechanisms.

Duane WALZER@ENP.Prime.com