Re: The whole fleet works!

To: Alliant.COM!british-cars@acsu.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: The whole fleet works!
From: mit-eddie!hercules.acsu.buffalo.edu!tobin@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mike Tobin)
Date: Mon, 7 May 90 18:24:19 EDT
Rob asks,

> And what did *you* do this weekend? :-) Happy (British) Motoring!

I worked with wood (not on a Mog, unfortunately).  The heir, however,
had more important things to do: he finally tidied up the Spit.

He still has to push it backwards (those mis-matched reverse gears), but
he was able to get the backup light to come on ( now if he can only get
it to go out - short of pulling the bulb (which he did)).

An advantage to living on a mile-long non-public road is we  could spend
the rest of the lovely Sunday afternoon blasting up and down the hill
with the hood down without having to show "any steenkin' liseense".  The
heir claims there'll be plates and safety sticker by Wednesday.

Just the sight of the little, bright orange beast flying past the trees
and rap of the exhaust (four little cylinders never sounded so good)
brought a huge smile to this old 's fart's face.  Especially after the
heir's mother said the kid looked like his old man did twenty years ago.

The Flame will continue to burn.

Mike Tobin