Re: TR6 tops

To: uunet!Alliant.COM!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Re: TR6 tops
From: mit-eddie!tellab5.tellabs.COM!kegel@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Dave Kegel)
Date: Thu, 3 May 90 08:51:31 CDT
In regards to the Laycock/Borg & Beck clutch mixing.  TRF is now selling their
Laycock clutch kits with Borg & Beck discs in them.  They say they have not
had any reports of problems and that that is the way they are receiving them
from Laycock.

One word of warning.  If you have a Bentley Manual, I think it's important to
follow step #8, which has to do with a "anti-rotation pin" in the throw-out
bearing sleeve.  It is supposed to be at the 12 o'clock position when the
bearing is on the shaft.  If you purchase new sleeve (as i did) I don't think
it comes with a pin.  I will be removing my trans. this weekend to check mine
'cause I think I screwed this part up.  I'm not even sure I put in the pin, let
alone in the 12 o'clock position.

Other than that it's a real straight forward job (if you use some type of dummy
shaft).

Good Luck!
                Dave