TR6 tops

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: TR6 tops
From: mit-eddie!harvard!beaver.cs.washington.edu!microsoft!timke@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed May 02 10:44:19 1990
Now that the nice weather is here it's time to swap the hard top on my
1970 TR6 for the ragtop.  But last fall I promised myself I wouldn't
put that dead ragtop back on again; I've already used it at least a
couple seasons more than i should have.  So here's the question: has
anybody tried one of J.C. Whitney's cheap rag tops?  they range in
price from $103.46 to $130.46 according to my latest catalog.  TRF
wants $179.95 for theirs.  TRF's is probably better quality, but since
I don't plan on keeping the car past this summer (now that I've
upgraded to an E-type roadster :-) ) I'm leaning toward the cheap
ones.  any experience with these (or any other non-original) ragtops
that you would care to share?

Tim (goin'-cheap-on-the-TR6-'cause-the-Jag-is-a-money-pit) Keane