tips & techniques

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: tips & techniques
From: "You Know Who" <mit-eddie!PSUVM.PSU.EDU!GGN100@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 May 90 10:59 EDT
     Phew! Just got done with a class project THat I've been working on,
and thought I'd check my mail.... 180!!!! Jeez! You people sure like to
talk!! anyway....
     RE: lever shocks

     plenty has been said already on how to fill these up and what to use.
Back in the old, simpler days of Auto-x (ok..ok..so the 70's is old to me!)
the hot setup was to put STP in them for REALLY stiff Armstrongs. Of course,
I can't really say how safe that is to seals, since we sold the B :( and
moved the efforts to the Mini :) :) :)

     RE: real discs.

     I don't have the book here, but I believe that there might be something
about converting to rear discs in the 'DIY to purchace and retoration" series
for the B/C/V8. I'll have to check later.
          __----__              Jaguar   | Gregory Nagy         |    "Eat     |
      ___/       ==__===__ {]]  24hrs of | Penn State University|     my      |
    //--\----------  61 |       Datyona  | Mckeesport Campus    |   Shorts!"  |
 <-- \__/------------__--|   '90 Champs! | GGN100@psuvm.bitnet  |-Bart Simpson|