Re: Cranking Problems

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Cranking Problems
From: uunet!cadnetix.COM!waynea@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Wayne Angevine)
Date: Wed, 2 May 90 08:36:03 MDT
My roadster had a similar problem to that described (hard cranking.)
I checked the electrical system out thoroughly.  It was charging fine
and the battery held charge fine.  Somebody finally told me that the
starter was shot.  I replaced the starter - presto, no problem.  The
starter was drawing massive quantities of current, but not turning
very much of it into rotary motion.  So if everything else is working,
you might suspect the starter itself.

Wayne