rear disc brakes on MGB

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: rear disc brakes on MGB
From: ultra!apple!cindy.Altos.COM!adrian@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Tue, 1 May 90 17:31:59 PDT
Hi,

Recently, Paul Osborne and Timothy Lyle Smith discussed putting rear disc
brakes on the Tims MGB. For what its worth, the MGBV8 (which I dont think
was released in the US) had all round discs, and I believe the uk
MGOC magazine from the early/mid 80's had an article describing such
a conversion.

I realise this isnt particularly helpful but it does prove it has been
done ... You might get BGTV8 brake parts & a manual from the UK ....?

                        Adrian
                                adrian@cindy.altos.com