Borgward, the car as ugly as it's name.

To: britcars@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
Subject: Borgward, the car as ugly as it's name.
From: mit-eddie!ucscc.UCSC.EDU!red4est!lrc@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Larry Colen esq)
Date: Tue May 1 22:47:48 1990
  Yes, you to can own a Borgward, the car that makes Trabants look sexy.
I have actually seen a couple of Borgwards, but not trusting to my
memory, I look up in my copy of the World guide to Automobile manufaturers
and find out that Borgwards were made in Germany form 1939 to 1961 and
Mexico from 1961 to 1970.
  " The Iabella became generally available in a 75 bhp TS (Touring Sport)
coupe version, and for racing a 115 bhp fuel-injected engine was developed,
enabling Borgwards to win the 1954 Eifelrennen and take a class win in th
1955 Mille Miglia.  An even more advanced tacing engine, intorduced in
1956, with 150 bhp was less succesful in the small, open RS but still
scored some reasonable results."
  LRC